The waist trainer is itself a constricting garment, such as shapewear or a corset that can be used to reduce the size of your waistline. An individual physical appearance plays a huge part in developing a good impression on others as well as also boosts his/her own self-confidence. Waist trainers as such are recommended to be used with physical workouts in order to shape the waist area.
Using the waist trainer while working out also maximizes the benefits of the waist trainer as the increase in the body temperatures increases the effectiveness of the waist trainer. Waist trainers if worn while working out also increase the amount of water weight that your body releases aiding in fat reduction.
There may benefit alongside risks attached to the use of a waist trainer and should you choose to make this a part of your daily routine, you must make yourself aware of the proper usage in order to get the optimal results.
Before and After Waist Training
The million-dollar question that the makers of the waist trainers are most often asked is whether the waist trainer works or not. The best way to answer that question is to share with you the success stories from the real users.
- Sarah Tisdale – Being a dietitian, Sarah has always had extensive information regarding nutritious food and with that knowledge, Sarah maintained a healthy lifestyle throughout her life but when it came to her body she wanted more definition and that lead her to waist training. She wanted to accentuate her waistline and with waist training, she lost around 3 inches. Sarah after losing the desired inches switched her goal from trying to lose more inches to maintaining her waistline through waist training.
- Ana P. – Ana is S. Army soldier and as per her profession, she knows a thing or two about getting in shape. But after her pregnancy, she found it difficult to get rid of the postpartum weight and realized that slimming down after pregnancy is a bigger obstacle than she thought. Therefore, she decided to turn to waist training.
- According to Ana, ‘ I was having a difficult time getting back my body and I’m still working on it but waist training has helped me become more confident while also helping me reach my goal’. She said that she wears her waist trainer 8-10 hours a day. She also works out in it. Her goal was to achieve an hourglass figure and according to her, ‘ waist training has made my waist look its smallest.
- Leah J. – Leah who is a college undergrad decided to get herself a waist trainer along with her friends only for workout purposes and after using the waist trainer for three weeks she has claimed that her posture has gotten better and all her outfits look great.
- Octavia C. – Octavia, a Macy’s retail manager was introduced to the world of waist trainer by a co-worker of hers. She said that she did not have many expectations when she started with her journey but only after a week of using the waist trainer she started noticing the changes in her body and her better posture as part of those changes.
If a waist trainer is used on a daily basis it will inevitably trim down your waistline. The results of waist training can be seen in weeks or months depending upon the use of the waist trainer. Most importantly remember to not undermine pains and make sure that you are able to breathe and maneuver your body while wearing the waist trainer.
Types of Waist Trainers
Waist trainers are made to provide ideal shape to your waistline as well as to reduce the extra fat around your stomach area. Extra fat on the stomach and abdomen can lead to backache and other lower back problems. Therefore, it is important to buy a waist trainer to remove the fat from your waist in order to shape it. There are various types of waist trainers available in the market.
So, it is important for you to choose the one that best fits your lifestyle and goals. Some of the waist trainers work on the principle of providing increased thermal energy in the midsection while the others are best suited to wear while traditional waist training.
Benefits of a Waist Trainer
You can get temporary benefits such as an overall thinner appearance, smaller waistline, and some health benefits by wearing a waist-cinching garment. Waist trainers also possess the ability to help the wearer activate his/her abdominal core muscles while also promoting a good posture. In order to have lasting effects with the waist trainer, it is important to remember to wear the waist trainer with a consistent exercise regimen and a healthy diet.
Waist Trainer Associated Risks
With the benefits, the risks also tag along. Some of the most common problems that are associated with the use of a waist trainer are decreased or loss in abdominal muscle tone, atrophy of the abdominal wall and the visceral displacement. Other health risks are deformation of the lungs, liver and the stomach and shortness of breath or decreased breathing capacity.
It is due to these risks the long term use of the waist trainer is not recommended as squishing of the abdominal organs such as the intestines, kidneys and liver can decrease their blood flow and function. Therefore, it also highly discouraged to wear the waist trainer too tightly or for longer period of times to get the results faster.
Starting Your Waist Trainer’s Regimen
If after having the knowledge of benefits and the risks you still decide to try the waist trainer then there is a proper regimen that you need to begin with. The most important part of this regimen is to understand your body and only wearing the waist trainer as long as you feel comfortable wearing it.
Start your regimen slowly and try to work your way up. For best results, it is suggested to work your core muscles with an exercising routine followed by wearing the waist trainer.
1. Does wearing a waist trainer cause’s damage to your internal organs or affects the body in harmful ways?
If a waist trainer is used responsibly it is completely safe. However, to benefit safely from the waist trainer it is important to take all the necessary precautions when establishing a waist training regimen.
2. Does waist training only lead to the loss of temporary ‘water weight’ without giving any long term positive effects?
Waist trainers are made from thick latex, non-breathable fabric which leads to the productions of more sweat than usual especially if you wear the waist trainer during or directly after your workout. This is what leads to water weight decrease. Losing your body’s water weight is in itself a positive aspect to keep you away from the uncomfortable experience of bloating. Lastly, there are a number of factors that can help you achieve long-term weight loss.
3. Is waist training similar to corseting?
The two are related but aren’t the same thing. Waist trainers lead to a natural reduction in waist size with the consistent use while corsets are worn for fashion, fun and at times for medical and back support.
4. How to pick the right waist trainer?
You need to feel comfortable in the garment to begin your journey with otherwise, it will be too difficult for you to carry on with it. Make sure to select the waist trainer that you like the feeling of and your body doesn’t have to fight it while performing daily chores. If you select a narrow waist trainer you will not be able to shape your waist effectively.